- Starting at $ 15.00 an hour, will increase based on experience related to this field.
- Shift Differential for weekend shifts and any shifts after 6 pm.
- No graveyard or overnight shifts required.
- Be able to work in the field independently in the community and as part of a team
- Utilize positive verbal and social supports to help teach customers with developmental disabilities a variety of skills in competitive community employment positions.
- Responsible for completing daily documentation of progress towards skills acquisition and monitoring customers’ job performance, while maintaining independence in their position.
- Identify opportunities for and develop natural supports in the work environment to enhance integration, independence, and facilitate communication with supervisors, co-workers, and Identify opportunities for and develop natural supports in the work environment to enhance integration, independence, and to facilitate communication with supervisors, co-workers, and the general public.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with supervisors and/or management to ensure open communication between community partners.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve any issues on the job site with a customer and/or supervisor.
- Responsible for accurately completing monthly reports using computer/tablet in a timely manner.
- Maintain a flexible schedule that may have frequent changes.
- Participate in employer-provided training on an ongoing basis, including participating in employer-provided training on an ongoing basis; this will include First Aid/ CPR and OIS certification.
- We follow the ODDS regulations around COVID-19 to ensure the safety of our customers, community, and SES team.
18 years old or older to apply. Minimum Level of Education: High School Diploma/GED.
Valid Oregon Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle for occasional transportation of customers to appointments/work. Basic Computer skills and use of a tablet.
Job coaching takes place at the customer’s place of employment in the community. Applicant must have the ability to provide physical support to assist the customer in completing job duties, especially upon the start of a new job. Physical support includes a variety of tasks related to entry-level positions, including but not limited to repetitive motion, squatting, bending, some light lifting, standing for long periods of time, stairs, use of cleaning products and equipment, consistent walking, and pushing or pulling. Typically, the physical supports phase of job coaching is time-limited and diminishes as customers become independent in their job and meet employers’ expectations.
**Willing to train with no experience but would prefer a minimum of 6 months of experience working with individuals who experience disabilities. **
Employment is contingent upon passing a state background check and a DMV records checks, at no cost to the applicant.
Bi-lingual Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply, but it is not required.
- Mileage reimbursement
- Drive time paid per SES policies
- Shift Differential for weekend shifts and any shifts after 6 pm
- Sick pay at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked
- Verizon wireless discount of 8% on most plans and 10% on most accessories
Other benefits to all employees
- Staff appreciation picnic
- Holiday Party
- Professional but relaxed company culture and supportive team
- Monthly staff meetings
- Employer-paid ongoing professional development training, including CPR, First Aid, OIS, and more.
- Employer-paid CESP certification is open to all job coaches after a year of experience